Monday, January 9, 2012

Soul surfer

As I am sitting here with my family watching Soul Surfer for the twentieth time (my youngest child's favorite movie)I am still as moved as I was the first time I saw it. The movie is about Bethany Hamilton a young surfer who lost her arm when a shark attacked her. Though she lost her arm, she didn't lose her spirit.

As a parent of a special needs child this movie holds a special place in my heart. So many times when my child was younger, milestones that most people take for granted my child struggled to do. Her spirit, just like Bethany's is what got her through. It wasn't easy for her, sometimes she would cry or just completely tire out, but her spirit kept her going.

The film is loaded with quotes to live by: I don't need easy, I just need possible, normal is overrated, then my personal favorite I don't know why bad things happen to us sometimes, but I have to believe something good is going to come out of this.

If you are looking for an inspirational movie Soul surfer is a must see!

No comments:

Post a Comment